I’ve given up protesting. Protesting is when you lost and don’t like how things are going. I’ve taken up demanding
- Keep Council homes in council ownership – no more stock transfers and end ‘right to buy’
- Launch a massive council house building program
- Abolish the Bedroom Tax and Benefit Cap
- Introduce a private rent cap
- Stop giving away council land through ‘regeneration’ and ‘private finance’ deals – build new council housing instead. Actively oppose stock transfers to housing associations.
- Don’t evict any tenant with arrears caused by bedroom tax or benefit cuts.
- Stop selling council properties and invest in refurbishing or converting empty council buildings for residential use.
- Lift the benefit cap locally and introduce a local private rent cap.
- Treat the tens of thousands of lambeth residents claiming benefits with respect and dignity.